Small Finance Banks List approved by Reserve Bank of India (RBI): Headquarters & Details

• Small Finance banks can provide basic banking services like acceptance of deposits and credit but in a limited way. Small Finance Bank is primarily for small farmers, micro and small industries plus other unorganised sector in India.
    RBI granted in-principal approval to 10 applicants for setting up Small Finance Banks in India.

The Small Finance banks born out of the 2015 RBI initiative have been summarised in the list below:
    0_1539096237781_a5cf69f3-4dad-498d-812d-316296f0a048-image.png

• @harleen Hi, thanks for sharing this useful list of Small Finance Banks. SFBs or Small Finance banks seem quite similar to Payment banks. Can you please cover a separate post on their comparison i.e. payment banks vs small banks, if possible. I am keen on knowing the exact difference between small finance banks and payment banks.

• I think the major difference between Small Finance banks and Payment banks is that the SFBs can lend small loans but not larger loans. While Payment banks can't extend any loans.

Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.