Selvamagal Semippu Thittam : How to invest and scheme details ?

• Hello,

I got blessed with a baby girl recently and I am looking to start a savings plan for my girl child. I came to know about Selvamagal Semippu Thittam scheme from a post office and it seemed same like Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. Is that true ? Is Selvamagal Semippu Thittam same as Sukanya samriddhi Yojana ? Also can I invest into the scheme through postoffice like SSA ? Are the details like interest, lock-in period etc same for SSA ? Can someone help me with this information ?

Thanks.

• Yes,

selvamagal semippu thittam scheme is the name given to sukanya samriddhi yojana in Tamil nadu, the scheme details are exactly the same as SSA and it works for the benefit of girl child.

Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.