Which is the best credit card in India with no annual fee or no joining fee?

• I am a beginner looking for my first credit card. I have a decent salary and want to try a free credit card or a no annual fee credit card initially. So, can anyone suggest a credit card without any annual fee or joining fee and some good rewards and benefits as well. I searched but got confused as which one is the best? I have also heard that having too many credit cards can hamper our credit score. So, I wish to get a good credit card in the first try only.

• Hi, I think ICICI Platinum Chip credit card can be a good choice. This is a no annual fee card with some good benefits like shopping discounts, payback points and fuel surcharge waiver etc. Overall this is a decent card to start with as a beginner. But, it has basic and limited benefits only. So, if you wish to enjoy some additional privileges you can checkout Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards card. This was free till recent but now I think they charge a nominal fee of Rs.250 only. You should select a credit card as per your own requirements.
    You are right, having too many credit cards can impact your credit score. As far as you remain regular in paying bills then it shall positively affect your credit score.

• Hi, You can try Citibank Rewards card. There is an annual fee waiver option if your expenses exceed Rs.30k in a year. So, you can turn this to your advantage. You also earn good reward points, some shopping offers and restaurant discounts are also available on this card. Rest, its my personal view, this suited my needs.

• Yes, having too many credit cards and not paying credit card bills on time can hamper your credit score. It's better to stick to 1-2 cards based on your primary usage. I too started with a free credit card. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards was my first choice. When I applied, they did not charge me any fee. I am not sure if they charge anything to new card applicants.

• Hi Manav, Why don't you try HSBC Visa Platinum Credit card? It has zero joining and annual fees. You also get cashback upto 10% and some discounts also. There are 3x rewards on dining, hotels and telecom. I have been using this card. This seems to be a decent choice.

• I too use Citibank rewards card. I got this card in previous year. This is a good card as per my personal experience. I get quite good discounts from time to time on this. My annual expenses exceeds 30k so can benefit from fee waiver as well.

• For me Standard Chartered rewards card proved good. This suited my personal needs. I didn't get too high credit limit. But, I am not a frequent credit card user. So, that doesn't matter much. Got good feedback from my friends on this card. That's the main reason I opted this one.

• HSBC visa platinum card seems to be good. I like its benefits and after all it's free. Good customer support to handle different queries.

• Banned

I have seen the advertisement of the IDFC Bank on the TV channels and I want to know about it from a guy who holds an account in this bank. A friend told me that there are no extra charges implemented on your account in this bank. Is it right or just a tactic of gaining attraction?

• @Arribe Have you ever been to India by any chance ? No bank in India every levies any charges in bank account.

@ftForumMod, this account @Arribe is possibly a spammer, please have a look

Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.