(Last Updated: April 9, 2019)
Get Zerodha Account
Get Zerodha Account

How to Invest in Direct Mutual Funds?

• @jatinderchd Yes, I have been using Zerodha coin. It is a highly popular direct mutual fund platform. I also heard about it from my friends. The best part, you can buy direct funds online on Coin for free. It's a friendly and very easy to use platform.

• Paytm Money is really impressive app. Their recommendations and portfolio along with its UI are good ones..
    The best part is that you can still invest when you didn't register for Auto-Pay in SIP. I do hope they keep coming up for new innovations.

• Those who are recommending coin, is it true that they need me to open demat account first? and for that, we have to pay demat charges and its amc yearly as well

I like Paytm too but i don't like when money go to paytm first before reaching to amc directly.

MFU design is very okayish but internally, it's much better than all others.
    Is there any app which has process like MFU and design like Paytm?

There was a Wealthtrust which was perfect, unfortunately it was later merged to Orowealth, I don't like this idea. Sigh!

• @Tarun It is very difficult to make money from direct mutual fund platforms. We will see many of them close/merge with existing players.
    Also, Indian user doesn't like to pay for advice historically.

• @Tarun Yes, Zerodha coin has a requirement for Demat and an annual fee of something like Rs.500 only. I highly recommend not to consider the fees given their service and great product. Direct MF platforms which are not brokers are never going to be as great as big brokers like Zerodha.

Also, Having a demat gives you a holistic view of all your investments and you can track them easily.

• Guest said in How to Invest in Direct Mutual Funds?:

@Tarun It is very difficult to make money from direct mutual fund platforms. We will see many of them close/merge with existing players.

It's not very difficult for long term actually if you understand how Mutual Fund works. Take equity MF for long term alone, otherwise take debt funds which might satisfy your taste.

Guest said in How to Invest in Direct Mutual Funds?:

Direct MF platforms which are not brokers are never going to be as great as big brokers like Zerodha

May I ask what is the difference between Paytm Money and Zerodha coin?
    Paytm does not charge anything, no demat required, no annual charges, yet give services the exact same as Zerodha. Why are you in blind love with Zerodha?

• @Tarun No inclination for any particular broker. It's the good user experience that speaks. Everyone has a different set of experience with the same provider. So, that's ok if someone favours a particular broker more over others. At the end of the day, no one can force you to open an account. It's entirely your choice which broker you wish to choose from the whole lot of options available these days.

And, yes don't forget to share your personal experience with others here. This can help us take a better decision.

• @Tarun said in How to Invest in Direct Mutual Funds?:

Those who are recommending coin, is it true that they need me to open demat account first? and for that, we have to pay demat charges and its amc yearly as well
    I like Paytm too but i don't like when money go to paytm first before reaching to amc directly.
    MFU design is very okayish but internally, it's much better than all others.
    Is there any app which has process like MFU and design like Paytm?
    There was a Wealthtrust which was perfect, unfortunately it was later merged to Orowealth, I don't like this idea. Sigh!

What about Kuvera, you might be looking for this one.

• @KP_Trader Hey, Have you tried Kuvera personally? Any feedback on how is this investing platform? I mean, how Kuvera scores better than other platforms? Anything you know, its features, benefits and why should one prefer this over others? If you can share your views on it in a separate post, that would really be helpful.

• @KP_Trader Kuvera is indeed a good solution. Whenever I invest more, I'd go for Kuvera only. But like every providers, selling data is what concerns me as they are not making money from this service. Btw, thanks for suggestion.

Get Zerodha Account
Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.