How to Invest in Direct Mutual Funds?

• Well.. so yeah race to the bottom has happened sooner than later .. Zerodha coin is zero fees now. It seems like Zerodha thinks that getting MF people with zero fees can hook the people to trading(The only way zerodha makes money as of now is trading, not even delivery/investment). Lets see how their assumption goes.

• Yes,

MFutility is the best. I think that we should use MF utility.

Thanks.

• Well Sure,

If you can bear with the user interface of MFUtility, its the best. Most of the online platforms also use MFUtility only.

Also, business model of most of the platforms is not clear so I believe that 80% of them would not be able to survive. MFU will stay forever.

• @jatinkhanna nice article

• Experienced investors who are aware on how mutual funds perform can directly visit the website of AMC's to invest in mutual funds directly. SBI Mutual Funds , Franklin Templeton Mutual Funds etc allow investors to invest in direct mutual funds through their website portals. New or novice investors can hire financial planners that can help them create a mutual fund investment portfolio suitable for them.

• @vikas_nair one of the big downsides of investment with individual AMCs is the hassle to maintain multiple accounts. thats when the platforms like zerodha coin, MFU etc help.

• A mutual fund investing is a pool of savings contributed by multiple investors. The common fund so created is invested in one or many asset classes like equity, debt, liquid assets etc. It is called a ‘mutual’ fund because all risks, rewards, gains or losses pertaining to, or arising from, the investments made from this savings pool are shared by all investors in proportion to their contributions.

• MFUtility is not a useable platform at all. It is very confusing to use. I could not figure out for quite some time that I have to send the ECS to them. There was no communication or reminder either.
    Zerodha Coin might still be the best choice, IMO

• @jatinderchd Yes, I have been using Zerodha coin. It is a highly popular direct mutual fund platform. I also heard about it from my friends. The best part, you can buy direct funds online on Coin for free. It's a friendly and very easy to use platform.

• Paytm Money is really impressive app. Their recommendations and portfolio along with its UI are good ones..
    The best part is that you can still invest when you didn't register for Auto-Pay in SIP. I do hope they keep coming up for new innovations.

Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.