Tax on interest income of a gift to a relative

• If a gift which is tax free(ie from a son to father) in the form of cash is invested in a deposit by the receiver(i.e. the father) and it earns interest, to whose income should the earned interest be included, the donor or the receiver?

• Hi, The interest earned shall become the income of the receiver i.e.father in this case. Here,interest is being earned by the receiver ( on deposit made in his name) that becomes his income for the financial year.

• I think the receiver is the beneficiary in this case is the one who need ro pay the tax on the gift as it is now his asset. The tax is implemented on the person who owns a thing for a particular period of time excluding sales taxes. Do you agree with me?

Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.