(Last Updated: November 27, 2019)
Get Zerodha Account
Get Zerodha Account

Remittance of US Income: Is it taxable in India?

• I hope you all are doing great. I came back from the US on September 1st 2019 after three long years and I am settled in India now. But, I have a US consultancy company that I formed during my stay in the US. I earn money in USD and it gets credited to my US bank account regularly. I am going to be considered a resident of India as I will be living for more than 182 days in the FY 2019-20.

I have started remitting the money back into my father’s bank account in India. I pay taxes on my income in the US. Do I have to pay taxes on that income remitted to India as well? I know there is a DTAA that exists between India and the US. I am confused and I seek your opinion on this.

Please let me know. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Get Zerodha Account
Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.