RBL Platinum Maxima Credit Card : Review, Eligibility, Features

• Recently, I got an email from RBL bank about their Credit Card called as RBL Platinum Maxima Credit Card. I looked at the email and went on to review the features and eligibility of the card. The card features and other things looked interesting to me. Lets dig straight away onto the salient features of the card.

• First up, this card is a lifestyle card, so you will get plenty of features and benefits but they will come at a cost.
    • You get straight away 8000 reward points as a welcome gift
    • Additional 20,000 reward points on spend of 3.5L rupees or above, additional 10,000 reward points on spending of Rs 2.0L or above

Lets now dig into various important parameters that one looks into while taking a credit card:

Fuel Surcharge Waiver: None but you get 5x reward points on fuel spends.
    Dining Benefits: 5x Reward points
    **Movie Tickets: ** 1 Free Movie ticket per month on upto Rs 200 on Bookmyshow.
    Airport Lounge Access: 2 complimentary airport lounge access on domestic airports per quarter.
    Reward Points: 2 for every Rs 100 Spent, 5 For some other categories like fuel and dining.
    Annual Fees: Rs 2000
    **Finance Charges: **3.5%
    **Penalty:**15% of total amount due
    (Minimum Rs. 350-Maximum Rs. 1000)
    **Foreign Currency Commission: **3.5%

Should you go for RBL Platinum Maxima Credit ?
    From the features and benefits, it looks like if you are spending a lot on dining or Fuel, then the annual fees will make it bang the buck. The nil fuel surcharge waiver is a bit turn off though.

What are your thoughts on RBL Platinum Maxima Card ?

Looks like your connection to Fintrakk Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.