(Last Updated: August 23, 2019)
Get Zerodha Account
Get Zerodha Account

Long Term Investment options in India: Need to invest for high returns

• Hi Investment Gurus,
    I have 10 years left for my Job, I have 1200000 to invest in one go and apart from that I can invest Rs.40000 per month for the next 10 years. What's the best way. How to diversify, I can take medium risk, not too high. My objective is to have a retirement corpus of around 1 Crore after 10 years and this might seem too ambitious. But, I would like to hear form the experts here what they suggest.

• @sam9s You can start an SIP in mutual funds. Start small, look at the returns you get and then only add more to it. Also, don't forget to invest in safe investment instruments also that generate fixed returns like PPF. Don't invest in very risky assets.

• Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS) are a category of diversified equity mutual funds that qualify for tax exemption under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Top ELSS has generated a return between 12%-20% compounded, which is better than any other tax-saving investment product.

• @Sandra Hi, Are ELSS funds actually giving such high returns recently? I don't think so. Also, capital gain tax has been introduced on equity funds that further reduces what we get in hand at redemption time. So, how ELSS can be a better investment product? Can you share your views on this.

• You should definitely invest in mutual funds and let your money grow for 3-5 years. Only then, you can expect a good return on your investment.

Get Zerodha Account
Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.