(Last Updated: April 29, 2019)
Get Zerodha Account
Get Zerodha Account

Which is the best online platform to invest in Direct Mutual funds in India?

• Mutual funds have got so much popularity in the past few years. As a result, a number of mutual fund platforms have grown and many new ones are emerging.

So, one gets confused as to which is the best mutual fund platform in India? Which online investment platform we should use to start investing in mutual funds? Any suggestions or feedback on this.

• @Anmol I feel Paytm money is a good choice. You can easily invest in mutual funds. There's not transaction fee on investments and a lot more useful features to explore.

• @Anmol Yes, you are absolutely right. There are so many mutual fund portals coming up every other day. I too was looking for a good direct mutual fund investment platform in India.

But, when you search on net to "Invest in mutual funds" a whole list of sites pops up. I read about Groww, Zerodha and PayTm etc. But, still not able to make out which one is best.

Then, I landed here.
    We do need such an investment discussion forum to share feedback on different topics. Thanks a lot!

If anyone can suggest a good mutual fund platform. I would really appreciate that. I am a salaried person and just wish to invest a small amount for better returns.

• @Anmol I think Groww is doing fairly good. I have read positive reviews about it. Although, I haven't opened an account with them yet 😉 I''ll do some more research on direct funds and then take a final call. After all, its my hard earned money, I can't put it casually anywhere.

• and I heard that Kuvera is really good, I haven't opened an account with them yet. 😛
    Please check my other answer for reviewing about paytm, zerodha and others.

• Even I liked Paytm money but what troubles me is that money will go to Paytm first before sending to AMC. That's one ugly disadvantage.

• @Tarun You don't have a personal experience with Kuvera? How do you know about it? Can you share some points on why it is better than other mutual fund platforms in India? If you can add your views to this query: https://discuss.fintrakk.com/topic/32/kuvera-review-charges-features-for-direct-mutual-fund-investments It can help the users out there who are curious to learn more about Kuvera and other such direct mutual fund platforms. Thanks.

• @Anmol Hey, you can try Zerodha Coin where you can do unlimited free investments in direct mutual funds. This means, you can buy direct funds online for free from AMCs through this investing portal.

• I feel Zerodha is better than Paytm money right now.

Although, Paytm money can give good competition to it. I recently read an article where the CEO of Zerodha himself expressed that Paytm is the only company that can compete with it. He further added "the one with the best product shall win". Nice thoughts. In fact, very rightly said!

However, Zerodha surely has an advantage of being an old and very strong player.

• Hi, What about Groww? Is it a good choice? Anyone has an experience investing with this mutual fund platform, do share your views.

• @Ishu sure. I've heard lot of positive things about Kuvera in telegram mf group. When people are given to vote which is the best application for investing in direct mf platform, 50 percent voted kuvera, followed by MyCams 22%. (65 people voted, they are hard core mutual funds lover). Let me share what they are sharing

Why kuvera is good?

1. It's offering direct fund only, no fees at all, plus our investment is sent to AMC directly, nothing to do with Kuvera. Unlike Paytm, which money is sent to Paytm first before sending to AMC directly.

2. External MF transactions can be imported in Kuvera to track, ofcourse through CAS statement only. (Like Wealthtrust had)

3. You can stop, edit and change SIP directly in Kuvera. You can add family members' portfolio to your account only just by labeling the accounts like ETMoney, Moneycontrol has.

4. Design looks simple and good, very user friendly app, available on all devices including iOS. But paytm is the winner on this part.

I'll comment on the given thread once I start using Kuvera service.

• CEO was talking about stock broker which Paytm is going to open up, not about direct mutual fund. That's the big difference.

• @Tarun Hey, thanks for your feedback. Waiting for your revert once you start using Kuvera. Keep sharing your practical experience on any such investing platforms. This indeed helps investors like me.

• @Ishu Sure will do. I may not do more SIP soon, but if I do, I'll definitely pick Kuvera to process and update here. Meanwhile, it does not hurt for you to open an account with them and import the statements, they don't need your bank/PAN details unless you want to create a new SIP I think. I'll try the import stuffs when I get time.

The design that Paytm Money has is really attracting me. How I really wish that they provide direct transfer from client to AMC. Why paytm has to stand in the middle? ☚

Get Zerodha Account
Disclaimer: Any views/recommendations expressed in the forum, of the individuals are their own only. Fintrakk doesn't endorse or recommend any financial product or views by the users of the forum. The information/comments on the forum should not be considered as a financial advise. Please do your own due diligence before investing. Fintrakk is not responsible for any financial loss to any of its visitor/user.