Financial Planning for 30 year old

• Hi, I will be turning 30 soon and I want to invest around 60-70K each month. I already have a house (EMI paid), a car and savings to last me 5 months for emergency purposes, employer health insurance.

Apart from leisure travel, I have no short or long term financial goals or liabilities. Can you suggest what are my best investment options? What percentage of my investment should be equity MF? Does it make sense to invest in FD/PPF despite the low yields?

What other options can I look at to have a balanced diversified moderately risky portfolio?

• Hi Prerna,you already have the answer in your query itself.You should have a balanced portfolio,right.

For this you need to invest in safe as well as slightly risky options.Safe investment options like FD/PPF.To diversify you can invest in mutual funds,these are subject to market risk.

We don’t give specific investment advice.For this you can refer many Robo investment advisors that are available online these days to help you in setting a financial plan suiting your needs.

• @prerna You are in a strong financial position right now where you can well manage your investments. One right financial step taken at this point shall make you happy years later. So, it's really great on your part to start thinking about your financial planning. You already have a house, a car and an emergency fund. That's really great! If you can take moderate risk as you have mentioned, you can try out investing in mutual funds. SIP in mutual funds is in fact a trending method for regular monthly investments in India. Here, also the equity mutual funds are a bit more riskier than debt funds.
    Investing in fixed income generating alternatives like FD/PPF is a good option for safe investors who are not willing to take any risk. For you, a combination of both safe and a bit risky profile can be a good idea. However, the risk portion should not be much initially being a new investor.

Looks like your connection to Fintrakk Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.